This Labor Day weekend get a jump on the fall season by prioritizing your well-being. Here are 12 ways to relieve stress, have fun and rethink self-care.
- Stiff? Stretching can help you relax and ease any soreness from sitting too long.
- Get moving. We all know the benefits of exercise. This weekend is a perfect time to try a new workout routine or go for a run outside.
- Take a walk with purpose. If running or weight lifting isn’t for you, try a mural walk in your neighborhood. You’ll reap the benefits of exercise and enjoy local artwork.
- Go for a scavenger hunt to help boost your mood and ease stress while socializing with friends and family.
- Or find a local labyrinth to wander through as a form of meditation and reflection, inspired from ancient times.
- Host a virtual gallery night in your home to rediscover art and photographs that are meaningful to you.
- Feeling charitable? Learn about volunteering options near you. Volunteering can provide a sense of purpose, introduce new skills and bring communities together.
- Take some time to turn off the screens and relax with a puzzle. Solving puzzles is good for your brain and a fun way to pass the time.
- Looking for more of an escape? Video games offer many benefits.
- Journaling is another way to work through stress.
- If you are extra tired this weekend, take a nap. Sleep is one of the best protectors to overall health.
- And finally, don’t forget the ABCs of self-care: Awareness, balance, and connection