Communities need journalists now more than ever. Your tax-deductible gift allows the National Press Club Journalism Institute to provide craft, career, and community support to thousands of journalists in the United States and around the globe. As journalists’ needs continue to evolve, so do the Institute’s efforts to support them in new ways, through:
- Small group discussions
- One-on-one support
- Customized learning
- Press freedom initiatives
Your donation today directly supports the journalism of tomorrow.
GIVE YOUR WAY
Donations made to the National Press Club Journalism Institute, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, are tax-deductible. Give with confidence: GuideStar has awarded the Journalism Institute its platinum transparency rating.
- Make a one-time or recurring gift online using your credit card.
- Mail a check made out to National Press Club Journalism Institute to: Julie Moos, c/o National Press Club Journalism Institute, 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor, Washington, DC 20045
- Boost your impact through employer gift matching.
- Check with your HR department to see if your employer matches donations, or use this tool to find out.
- Give from your donor-advised fund.
- Donor-advised funds offer simplicity and flexibility in charitable giving. Once you establish a fund, which is tax-deductible, investment growth within the fund is tax-free and you can pace your giving as you wish. Talk to your financial planner today to direct funds to the Journalism Institute, or use this tool to direct your gift now.
- Give stock or other securities.
- You may choose to gift highly appreciated securities, which can bypass or defer capital gains. Talk to your financial and legal advisors to get started.
- Honor a colleague or loved one.
- Gifts made in honor or memorial are one way to preserve a loved one’s legacy. Schedule a call with us to discuss how we can help you achieve your vision.
A gift through your estate plan can benefit you and your loved ones while supporting journalism and democracy. Please contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at 202-664-7554 for more information.
We appreciate your support.
You can help secure a bright future for journalism and democracy by remembering the National Press Club Journalism Institute in your estate planning. Selecting the right charitable estate-planning vehicle can help you maximize the financial and tax benefits of your gift, and create a larger gift than you thought possible.
- Designate the National Press Club Journalism Institute as a full or partial beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), life insurance plan, or other accounts.
- To start, request a change-of-beneficiary form from your policy administrator or download the form from your provider’s website. Make your desired changes and return the form to establish your gift.
- Consider including the National Press Club Journalism Institute in your will. A percentage of your estate could have a major impact on journalists around the country. Contact us to talk through your giving goals and different forms of gifts, which could include:
- Bequests (a fixed sum, real estate, collectibles, etc.)
- Charitable gift annuities (earn income while giving)
- Charitable remainder trusts (earn income while giving)
- Charitable lead trusts, and more.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Please use our legal name and federal tax ID if you include the Journalism Institute in your plans.
Legal name: National Press Club Journalism Institute
Address: 529 14th St. NW, Washington, DC 20045
Federal tax ID number: 52-1750908
Contact Beth Francesco at 817-688-5733 or by email to let us know your goals for the gift so we can ensure it is used as you intend.
Need more information on planned giving?
West Financial Services, Inc. (“WFS”) offers investment advisory services and is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). SEC registration does not constitute an endorsement of the firm by the SEC nor does it indicate that the firm has attained a particular level of skill or ability. You should carefully read and review all information provided by WFS, including Form ADV Part 1A, Part 2A brochure and all supplements, and Form CRS.
The information contained herein is intended to be educational in nature, and not as a recommendation of any particular strategy, approach, product or concept for any particular adviser or client. These materials are not intended as any form of substitute for individualized investment advice. The discussion is general in nature, and therefore not intended to recommend or endorse any asset class, security, or technical aspect of any security for the purpose of allowing a reader to use the approach on their own. You should not treat these materials as advice in relation to legal, taxation, or investment matters. Before participating in any investment program or making any investment, clients as well as all other readers are encouraged to consult with their own professional advisers, including investment advisers and tax advisers.
Help out in your own way
If you love the Journalism Institute but aren’t sure you are able to commit a large gift, that’s OK – your support can come in other ways.
- Shop with an Amazon Smile account.
- Support the Institute while you shop! When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases at no cost to you. Simply log in to your account and select the National Press Club Journalism Institute as your organization of choice.
- Create a Facebook fundraiser.
- You can raise money for organizations and causes you care about on Facebook. When you start a nonprofit fundraiser on Facebook, 100% of the funds you raise go to the nonprofit. Follow these instructions to get started.